At this point you have successfully recovered your iPod's media files and copied them to a folder on your Mac. The next step is to unmount your iPod and add the recovered music to your iTunes Library.
Dismiss the Dialog Box
- Select iTunes by clicking once on iTunes window, or on the iTunes icon in the Dock.
- The iTunes dialog box we left open a few steps back should be visible.
- Click the 'Cancel' button.
- In the iTunes window, unmount your iPod by clicking the eject button next to the iPod's name in the iTunes sidebar.
You can now disconnect your iPod from your Mac.
Configure iTunes Preferences
- Open iTunes Preferences by selecting Preferences from the iTunes menu.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab.
- Place a check mark next to 'Keep iTunes Music folder organized.'
- Place a check mark next to 'Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library.'
- Click the 'OK' button
Add to Library
- Select Add to Library from the iTunes File menu.
- Browse to the folder that contains your recovered iPod music.
- Click the 'Open' button.
iTunes will copy the files to its library; it will also read the ID3 tags to set each song's name, artist, album genre, etc.