Now that your PC and Mac share the same workgroup name, and you have enabled file sharing on your Windows 7 PC, you are ready to go to your Win 7 computer and select additional any folders (beyond the Public folders) that you wish to share.
The Windows 7 non-password-protected file sharing that we enabled in the previous step makes use of a special Guest account. When you select a folder for sharing, you can assign access rights to the Guest user.
Windows 7 File Sharing: Sharing a Folder
- On your Windows 7 computer, navigate to the parent folder of the folder you wish to share.
- Right-click on the folder you would like to share.
- Select 'Share with, Specific People' from the pop-up menu.
- Use the dropdown arrow in the field next to 'Add' to select the Guest user account.
- Click the 'Add' button.
- The Guest account will be added to the list of people who can access the folder.
- Click on the dropdown arrow in the Guest account to specify permission levels.
- You can select 'Read' or 'Read/Write.'
- Make your selection and then click the 'Share' button.
- Click the 'Done' button>
- Repeat for any additional folders you wish to share.