For Mac printer sharing to work, you will need to enable the printer sharing function on your Mac. We will assume you already have a printer connected to your Mac that you wish to share on your network.
Enable Printer Sharing
- Launch System Preferences by either clicking the ‘System Preferences’ icon in the Dock or selecting ‘System Preferences’ from the Apple menu.
- In the System Preferences window, select the Sharing preferences pane from the Internet & Networking group.
- The Sharing preferences pane contains a list of available services that can be run on your Mac. Place a check mark next to the ‘Printer Sharing’ item in the list of services.
- Once printer sharing is turned on, a list of printers available for sharing will appear. Place a check mark next to the name of the printer you wish to share.
- Close System Preferences.
You Mac will now allow other computers on the network to share the designated printer.