Your now ready to inform Vista that you would like to share an attached printer.
Enable Printer Sharing in Windows Vista
- Select ‘Control Panel' from the Start menu.
- Select ‘Printer’ from the Hardware and Sound group.
- A list of installed printers and faxes will display.
- Right-click on the icon of the printer you wish to share and select ‘Sharing’ from the pop-up menu.
- Click the ‘Change sharing options’ button.
- The User Account Control system will ask for permission to continue. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Place a check mark next to the ‘Share this printer’ item.
- Enter a name for the printer in the ‘Share name’ field. . This name will appear as the printer’s name on your Mac.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Close the printer’s Properties window and the Printers and Faxes window.