Printer Sharing - Vista to Mac OS X 10.5
By Tom Nelson
5 of 7
Printer Sharing – Set Up Windows Vista for Printer Sharing
Use the 'Share name' field to give the printer a distinctive name.
Microsoft product screen shot reprinted with permission from Microsoft Corporation
Your now ready to inform Vista that you would like to share an attached printer.
Enable Printer Sharing in Windows Vista
- Select ‘Control Panel' from the Start menu.
- Select ‘Printer’ from the Hardware and Sound group.
- A list of installed printers and faxes will display.
- Right-click on the icon of the printer you wish to share and select ‘Sharing’ from the pop-up menu.
- Click the ‘Change sharing options’ button.
- The User Account Control system will ask for permission to continue. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Place a check mark next to the ‘Share this printer’ item.
- Enter a name for the printer in the ‘Share name’ field. . This name will appear as the printer’s name on your Mac.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Close the printer’s Properties window and the Printers and Faxes window.