The last step in Mac printer sharing is to add the shared printer to your Win 7 PC.
Add a Shared Printer to Win 7
- Select Start, Devices and Printers.
- In the Printers window that opens, click on the 'Add a printer' item on the toolbar.
- In the Add Printer window, click the 'Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth Printer' option.
- The Add a Printer wizard will check the network for available printers. Once the wizard completes its search, you will see a list of all available printers on your network.
- Select the shared Mac printer from the list of available printers. Click the 'Next' button.
- A warning message will display, telling you that the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. That is OK, because your Mac does not have any Windows printer drivers installed. Click the 'OK' button to begin the process of installing a driver in Windows 7 to talk to the shared Mac printer.
- The Add a Printer wizard will display a two-column list. From the 'Manufacturer' column, select the make of the printer connected to your Mac.
- From the 'Printers' column, select the model name of the printer attached to your Mac. Click 'OK.'
- The Add a Printer wizard will finish the installation process and present you with a window allowing you to change the printers name as it appears on the Windows 7 PC. Make any change to the name you wish, then click 'Next.'
- The Add a Printer wizard will present a windows asking if you would like to set the new printers as the default for your Windows 7 PC. The same windows also allows you to print a test page. This is a good idea as it allows you to make sure that printer sharing is working. Click the 'Print a test page' button.
That's it; the process of installing a shared printer on your Vista computer is complete. Click the 'Finish' button.