The 'Content' section of Parental Controls lets you control which web sites the managed user may visit. It also lets you place a filter on the included Dictionary application, to prevent access to profanity.
Set Up Content Filters
- Click the 'Content' tab.
- Place a check mark next to ‘Hide profanity in Dictionary’ if you wish to filter the included Dictionary application.
- The following web site restrictions are available from Parental Controls:
- Allow unrestricted access to web sites. This is the same type of access a standard user would have to the web.
- Try to limit access to adult web sites automatically. Web sites containing adult content will be restricted according to a proprietary method that Apple uses. You can click the ‘Customize’ button to add specific web sites to 'allow' or 'never allow' lists.
- Allow access to only these web sites. Selecting this option produces a pre-populated list of well-known kid-friendly sites. You can add sites to the list, as well as remove sites from the list.