Calculator, that often overlooked application included with OS X, can do much more than simple arithmetic. You can use Calculator to convert all manner of things, from the number of quarts of soil in a cubic foot, to what the U.S. dollar is worth against the Euro (you don't want to know).
- Launch Calculator, located at /Applications.
- Enter the number of units you want to convert, such as 1, for one US dollar.
- Select the type of conversion you want to perform from the Convert menu. For this example, select 'Currency.'
- In the From dropdown menu, select 'U.S. dollar.'
- In the To dropdown menu, select 'Euro.'
- Click the 'OK' button.
The answer will appear in Calculator's display. (I told you, you didn’t want to know.)
In addition to currency, Calculator can also perform the following types of conversions:
- Energy or Work
- Weights and Masses