Now that we have erased the drives we will use for the JBOD RAID set, we’re ready to start building the concatenated set.
Create the JBOD RAID Set
- Launch Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/, if the application is not already open.
- Select one of the hard drives you will be using in the JBOD RAID set from the Drive/Volume list in the left pane of the Disk Utility window.
- Click the ‘RAID’ tab.
- Enter a name for the JBOD RAID set. This is the name that will display on the desktop. Since I will be using my JBOD RAID set for storing a large set of databases, I’m calling mine DBSet, but any name will do.
- Select ‘Mac OS Extended (Journaled)’ from the Volume Format dropdown menu.
- Select ‘Concatenated Disk Set’ as the RAID type.
- Click the ‘Options’ button.
- Click the ‘+’ (plus) button to add the JBOD RAID set to the list of RAID arrays.