Apple's sales and technical support staff continues to win awards. The company has consistently ranked as one of the best in customer support for a few years now. Over the years I've had nothing but good experiences with Apple support, but that's too small a sample to make a definitive judgment.
What's your Apple customer support story, good or bad, extraordinary or incendiary, that you would like to share with us?
Customer Service - South Coast Plaza, CA
- I have gone and continue to go to the Genius bar approximately once a year for the past 10 years and in some cases 2 times a year!!! I cannot say enough how great these professional personnel are. They have taken care of me and my family with Apple and non-Apple related issues for the past 10 years. Actually we have been apple users for the past 30 years. When an email problem occurs on my MAC, even though the issue is with the email provider such as Verizon, Apple Genius bar staff are always willing to help. They are the first to come to our rescue!! I am not quite sure what Apple is feeding the Genius bar personnel that makes them so unique!! Our house is littered with Apple products and will continue to do so long after we are gone as our children have been Apple iPad, iPhone and Mac Air users for quite some time now. While I wish I could have remembered all of the Genius Bar people’s names the last 10 years , Mr. Ralph comes to my mind as he is the one who helped me recently at
- —Guest Yukiko Fujie
- I bought my computer last week. Having issues with my HP printer working with new MacBook Pro saying offline. It works then it doesn't work. I have been holding for over 45 minutes and getting fed up that I was forced to pay $250 for this sort of support.
- —Guest Lydia
APPLE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS
- I bought two ipods, an ipad, and multiple apple computers, but they won't talk to me about any support issues without paying $29.99. My issue involves iTunes and resolving it was going to result in me buying more music off their website. Apple's service is a complete joke...they make good products, but they simply do not care about their customers. In the end, they will lose people as Amazon, Google, and others are providing much better service. Good luck and thanks for telling me to pound sand.
- —Guest Ben
worse than ever
- tried calling Apple support for iMac and for a iPhone 6. Both are having software issues. They are having you on hold for ten to fifteen minutes. This tells me this company is really overrated. They don't care about their customers.
- —Guest sb
6 calls later
- Still cant get a dead phone released from the find feature to send it for repair, waist of time
- —Guest mix
Apple fantastic customer service
- I was visiting the Apple service center @ QCD wheelock place Singapore. I was there by 3.30pm and was getting a queue number 1199. The service center was serving queue number 1110. I was waiting there for half hour and the queue display indicated estimated wait time of 132 minutes. Therefore, I decided to left for tea break with my family. I returned to service center at 6pm and was completely shocked to notice that the serving queue number has only reached 1160. Honestly, I was really frustrated when I was back to the service center. What a fantastic service provided by Apple!!! I can certainly assure you that I will never get anymore Apple product directly from Apple store. Thank you very much for the fantastic experience provided to your customer!
- —Guest KK
- Lost wifi on my iPhone 4s, took it into the apple store and was told they would have to send it for repair and would cost $360, spoke to Apple Care and was told it was broken and needed to be repaired. Went through and erased everything myself and then backed up and wifi returned, didn't have to pay anything. All the apple store wanted me to do was buy a new phone. Service was crap.
- —Guest Susi Blair
Trying to reset recovery for apple ID
- This is a stupid process and has taken me over two days to work though. its like being held hostage. Nothing you can do online but create a case. But if its after hours then you have to wait than you wait on phone for 2hours being transferred.
- —Guest PIssed users01
- never have I experience such rudeness over the phone from a support technician, all I did was ask a few simple questions and as someone who is not familiar with how to fix a mac or perform diagnostic tests he treated me like an idiot.
- —Guest kyndall
Apple support is now Apple Non Support
- Apple Care is getting worse and worse, always a long wait to speak with anyone also,
- —Guest Roger
- When I want to iMessage or face time it keeps telling me my password is wrong. It's been my only password yet it won't let me proceed.
- —Guest Kathy
- New Apple iMac 27" defective keyboard. She said its the operating system. So I reload the OS took 8 hours of my day could not work. I buy a new keyboard from Amazon and it works. So much for the OS problem or the defective motherboard is another thing she cited. Then she leaves me a VM she has great news!!! I don't have to ship the defective keyboard back. BIG DEAL. Today she emails me that they need the pos keyboard back to determine what is wrong with it...are you kidding me? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!
- —Guest Robin
- Apple support is a joke. Will never buy their products again. Don't buy movies in had because you'll never be able to watch them on your tv using your ps3. What good is an hd movie or series on a small screen? Magazines disappear at the end of month and need to be downloaded again even though you've purchased them. Can't fit a whole season of game of thrones on an ipad. It's all about maximizing cost for the customer, making the experience costly. Basically so far only good for reading books. I wonder if soon I'll have too many books and need to start deleting them to by more? Basically my ipad is useless and costly.
- —Guest Vlab
- Without fail, every customer service experience with apple has been the worst I have ever experienced. Most recently, I purchased an iPhone. Within a day, the battery drain was intolerable - so I looked on the Apple site for everything I could do on my own to resolve it. Nothing worked. Only two days after purchase, i sucked it up and went to an apple store to have someone take a look at it. As 15-20 "geniuses" stood around, on their damned devices, not with customers, it took ten minutes for someone to finally say "you'll have to come back for an appointment in 2 hours." When i explained I had literally just bought the phone, they could have cared less. This experience was coupled with one several years ago when, on crutches, i had attempted to go into the store to pick up a simple phone case. Milling around were tens of "geniuses" without customers - NOT ONE asked me if I needed help - and several ignored me or redirected me to others for assistance.
- —Guest BD4201
- I purchased (2) Nano I-Pod's and spent 5+++ hours on the phone with several Sr. tekkie advisor's and no one was able to help me download songs from a CD on to my I-Pod through the computer ??? Aside from the fact that the advisor's had numerous screen sharing meltdowns. I've always had excellent assistance with computer issues, however I am totally distraught with the lack of tekkie assistance from your I-POD crew of Sr experts.
- —Guest Frank LaRuffa