Apple's sales and technical support staff continues to win awards. The company has consistently ranked as one of the best in customer support for a few years now. Over the years I've had nothing but good experiences with Apple support, but that's too small a sample to make a definitive judgment.
What's your Apple customer support story, good or bad, extraordinary or incendiary, that you would like to share with us?Share Your Support Story
- New Apple iMac 27" defective keyboard. She said its the operating system. So I reload the OS took 8 hours of my day could not work. I buy a new keyboard from Amazon and it works. So much for the OS problem or the defective motherboard is another thing she cited. Then she leaves me a VM she has great news!!! I don't have to ship the defective keyboard back. BIG DEAL. Today she emails me that they need the pos keyboard back to determine what is wrong with it...are you kidding me? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!
- —Guest Robin
- Apple support is a joke. Will never buy their products again. Don't buy movies in had because you'll never be able to watch them on your tv using your ps3. What good is an hd movie or series on a small screen? Magazines disappear at the end of month and need to be downloaded again even though you've purchased them. Can't fit a whole season of game of thrones on an ipad. It's all about maximizing cost for the customer, making the experience costly. Basically so far only good for reading books. I wonder if soon I'll have too many books and need to start deleting them to by more? Basically my ipad is useless and costly.
- —Guest Vlab
- Without fail, every customer service experience with apple has been the worst I have ever experienced. Most recently, I purchased an iPhone. Within a day, the battery drain was intolerable - so I looked on the Apple site for everything I could do on my own to resolve it. Nothing worked. Only two days after purchase, i sucked it up and went to an apple store to have someone take a look at it. As 15-20 "geniuses" stood around, on their damned devices, not with customers, it took ten minutes for someone to finally say "you'll have to come back for an appointment in 2 hours." When i explained I had literally just bought the phone, they could have cared less. This experience was coupled with one several years ago when, on crutches, i had attempted to go into the store to pick up a simple phone case. Milling around were tens of "geniuses" without customers - NOT ONE asked me if I needed help - and several ignored me or redirected me to others for assistance.
- —Guest BD4201
- I purchased (2) Nano I-Pod's and spent 5+++ hours on the phone with several Sr. tekkie advisor's and no one was able to help me download songs from a CD on to my I-Pod through the computer ??? Aside from the fact that the advisor's had numerous screen sharing meltdowns. I've always had excellent assistance with computer issues, however I am totally distraught with the lack of tekkie assistance from your I-POD crew of Sr experts.
- —Guest Frank LaRuffa
Terrible support! TERRIBLE!
- Greetings! Last week I took my iPhone 5S to the iStore since a blue screen would show up constantly, making it impossible to use, and they told me I should go to another iStore since that store was only meant to sell products. So I drove all the way to the other store that had Apple Support (or something like that) and they said that my phone would be fixed or replaced in 5 days. I went on a road trip for 3 days and when I returned to my home town I rushed to the iStore to get the phone back. My jaw dropped when I realised it was the same phone, but they said it passed all the tests and it only needed a firmware update... so I relaxed. They also replaced my lightning cable that had a malfunction. Everything for free, since it was still under the 2-years warranty (and it was bought in December 2013). Everything was going just fine... I even bought a 15€ AppStore Card to buy some apps on my wish-list. So I got home, I activated the phone with my brand new
- —Guest Gonçalo
- My phone can't connect to wifi, so I took it to the Apple store. Told them my problem, and they told me to buy a new one. Disgusting.
- —Guest Laura
Poor service from India
- I spoke to 3 reps from India today trying to solve my problem. The first hung up on my during first minute. The next put me on hold for over 20 min until I gave up. The 3rd had such a thick accent that I could not understand her. She would not let me speak to someone else that I might be able to understand. They were TERRIBLE. I am going to have to make a trip to the Apple store to solve a problem that could have been handled by phone. Going to have to take off work to do that.
- —Guest Marsha King
- Why is Apple support so appalling? It is almost impossible to email a complaint about Apple. It makes me laugh how when you try to use the customer service online you get a message that stops you using the service as the message " unsupported browser" come up despite having Safari and Chrome and having upgraded them all. What a scam stopping people complaining. Even when you put How to complain or complaints department in the help search it comes up not recognised so yet another way of avoiding complaint. I gather the a Trading Standards in the UK are investigating this as they have had so many complaints. Let's hope they can during down Apple for treating their customers so badly.
- —Guest Chris L
Worst service ever.
- I had a very strange experience with Apple. I have been using apple products for last 6 years. My phone, pad, laptop, iPod are all of apple. I recently had a problem with Apple iPhone 5s and went to a service centre in India and they asked for my visa, passport copy, boarding pass of the flight which I came and things to claim the warranty. That was a bit shocking. And the worst part, I send two mails to apple and no reply. I am ashamed of using apple products.
- —Guest Arun
YooBee in Wellingto NZ
- YooBee in Wellington NZ (have to say an appalling name, very hard to remember) sold me a Mac Pro a few months ago. I rang Apple about iPhoto freezing on edit. No real help or info tho got distinct impression it was no novel problem. Then the dash key went. Now the straight bracket key gone. I was told by phone to bring it in (to YooBee) there and then. Counterperson told to book it in. I protested that service had told me he would look at it. 30 mins later was told it would have to be booked. This means surrendering it for up to 4 days. What an outrage! This Mac Pro is new. I don't want to be without a computer for 4 days. And this isn't booking. To book means to have a date to bring it in for attention.
LETTERS TURN TO UPPERCASE
- I SHARE THE SAME STORY. MY CASE IS MY LETTERS ARE ALL IN UPPERCASE WITHOUT TOUCHING THE CAPS LOCK. THIS EXPERIENCE HAPPENS AFTER A MONTH OF PURCHASING MY MACBOOK PRO. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WITH APPLE MAC. ALL SERVICE EXPERTS COULDN"T HELP. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS IN LOWERCASE.
- —Guest LEANALINK@GMAIL.COM
can i book another appointment
- i called up and asked about my ipad2 when it blacked out and i current still have warrentee on it and they book me an appointment but then when i came to the apple store my name wasnt on the list. i lived so far away from chadstone and i dnt have time, so can i pls have another appointment booked pls? and this time can u really put it in the list? thankyou.
- —Guest teresa bui
support office helped new system sucks
- I had help but new system of Icloud will not sync with my system unless I pay hostage fee
- —Guest pat
Apple support gone way down hill
- I have been having terrible support issue with apple the past 5 or so months. they used to be so good. I am done with apple,
- —Guest mark b
Apple is AWFUL
- They suck, I don't have enough room to write. I waited 6 hours on hold to get a 3 min fix and I paid for apple care. They are an arrogant bunch to work with and they are leading sheep over the cliff. They are a big corporation with a lot of your money and their business is to get you to part with your money and they do it very successfully and when you want the help that you paid for, good luck. They market cool and we all follow them like sheep over a cliff. I will never own another apple product
- —Guest Renee